How You Can Help
Yad LaKashish: Lifeline for the Old is a non-denominational, unaffiliated, not-for-profit association which does not receive any governmental aid to help cover its operating costs. Sales from our Gift Shop constitute about 22% of our annual operating budget, while the remaining 78% is generated primarily through the donations of individuals, in addition to several foundations. The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews and the Gladys and Irving Coopersmith Charitable Trust are among our main supporters, along with several Jewish community federations, synagogues, private foundations, estates, schools and B'nei Mitzva projects.
Our ability to continue to enhance the lives of Jerusalem's elderly and disabled is a direct result of the generous contributions from friends and supporters from around the world. Your donations help support the wide range of services to our elderly artisans, keeping them alive, independent and well in society.
Yad LaKashish: Lifeline for the Old provides the all-important reassurance to the elderly and disabled that they are part of a family and that they are not alone. Please help us to help them.
Adopt An Elder
The full program at Yad LaKashish provides each of the needy elderly artisans with:
- Creative work opportunities in the artistic studios five mornings a week, including ongoing artistic training and professional supervision by highly qualified artists, all materials and maintenance costs,
- A monthly stipend,
- Monthly travel-fare,
- Monetary gifts for Rosh Hashana and Passover,
- A free daily hot lunch and morning snack,
- Subsidies for dental treatment,
- An annual day-trip outside Jerusalem,
- Access to a dedicated staff person to address their needs.
You can help to support the services and financial aid provided to an artisan, allowing a needy elderly person to live out his or her life with a sense of Dignity, Pride and Self-Respect.
- $6,250 will sponsor an elderly artisan for a year, including all the above services.
- $2,760 (or 40% of the full cost) covers the direct financial aid for an elderly artisan to take home for a year (monthly stipend, monetary gifts and travel-fare).
- $1,800 covers the cost of providing an elderly artisan with free hot weekday lunches and mid-morning snacks for a year.
- $360 covers the cost of providing an elderly artisan’s travel fare for a year.
All contributions are deeply appreciated. Thank You.